Web lists-archives.com

Re: new Windows 10 update?

Em 21-12-2017 15:45, Frank escreveu:
On 12/21/2017 12:20 PM, Ocalab wrote:
Em 21-12-2017 15:08, Frank escreveu:
On 12/21/2017 12:01 PM, Ocalab wrote:
Em 21-12-2017 12:43, Frank escreveu:
On 12/21/2017 9:23 AM, Ocalab wrote:
Em 21-12-2017 12:07, Frank escreveu:
They have an extremely annoying ad on
Minesweeper that you cannot avoid, you can turn the sound off but
to let it run a couple of minutes as if you shut it off it comes
back if
you try to play Minesweeper.

I can only laugh at this: "Ads in the Minesweeper". What keeps you
using Windows instead of moving, possibly permanently (like I did
several years ago) to one of the miriad of linux distributions?

I have worked in a couple of places where I needed **indows to
reproduce and repeat problems pointed by a few clients. In my
there, I had a virtual machine for that, nothing beyound.

Hey, I have a gift for you:

Explore the page http://www.oldversion.com/games/mine-sweeper-xp-6-1

Brake your cuffs!

I had considered old versions.

That is good. But what happened? It did not solve your "problem"?

I stick to Windows as I do some online consulting and have to deal
Windows systems including a remote desktop.

I have used remote desktops with **indoze while I was using linux.
That is possible too, you know?

I was writing documents, Safety Data Sheets, using Open Office and
Libre Office and a change in US requiring embedded symbols in the
SDS's could not be seen by a client using MS Word so I was forced to
buy MS office to get him to see the symbols. I am not a computer
person and would ditch Windows otherwise.

What kind of symbol was that? It is something very strange that it
only (and the "if" in this sentence stays correct in the end) opens in
OOo. Maybe this is something new you may discover.

Not the OSHA website I used, which has changed, but like these in Wiki

I think that *if* these pictures were added to an OOo document (as
pictures! Menu "Insert > Picture from file", or anything similar to
that) or in a MS-Word document *created and edited* in OOo, the
probability that everyone who opens this file in MS-Word (any version)
will be able to see all of it.

The only thing I was imagining, and I am still not sure it is not the
case, is: you used OOo with a font with these symbols that the client
did not have (the font!). The solution you found hid what actually
happened, which is mostly normal.

There were no fonts in the symbols I used.  OSHA has taken down the
website but I had copied the whole thing and continue to use it.  I have
had no problem using MS Word.  Now using these symbols for over a year I
normally don't need different ones that I have not used and usually make
a new SDS by cloning a similar chemical with same warnings.

Frank, the problem you tell us you had with OOo may not exist with it too. To me, someone who have used OOo for decades, the problem looks to have a different reason.

Yet another way to get around the problem without using MS-Office: make all the documents you eventually give to clients in OOo. But do not give copies of their files to them! You will give clients the PDFs that you export from OOo. Do you know how to do that? I have used this feature so many times that I cannot even estimate how many times that happened!

I need to use IE to access my main clients remote desk top in the UK.
Edge, Chrome or Firefox won't work.  I assume major problems if I tried
to set up with linux.

They won't work? Chrome is a browser I will *never* use - I will choose a portable version of Firefox that I can open in any possible computer or OS, but I will never use Chrome.

Glad you brought my attention to this as I had referenced the url to
OSHA in one of my web pages and will have to change it.

At least one good side effect. (:
general mailing list