Web lists-archives.com

Re: new Windows 10 update?

On 12/21/2017 12:20 PM, Ocalab wrote:
Em 21-12-2017 15:08, Frank escreveu:
On 12/21/2017 12:01 PM, Ocalab wrote:
Em 21-12-2017 12:43, Frank escreveu:
On 12/21/2017 9:23 AM, Ocalab wrote:
Em 21-12-2017 12:07, Frank escreveu:
[...]
They have an extremely annoying ad on
Minesweeper that you cannot avoid, you can turn the sound off but have
to let it run a couple of minutes as if you shut it off it comes
back if
you try to play Minesweeper.

I can only laugh at this: "Ads in the Minesweeper". What keeps you
using Windows instead of moving, possibly permanently (like I did
several years ago) to one of the miriad of linux distributions?

I have worked in a couple of places where I needed **indows to
reproduce and repeat problems pointed by a few clients. In my computer
there, I had a virtual machine for that, nothing beyound.

Hey, I have a gift for you:

Explore the page http://www.oldversion.com/games/mine-sweeper-xp-6-1

Brake your cuffs!

I had considered old versions.

That is good. But what happened? It did not solve your "problem"?

I stick to Windows as I do some online consulting and have to deal with
Windows systems including a remote desktop.

I have used remote desktops with **indoze while I was using linux.
That is possible too, you know?

I was writing documents, Safety Data Sheets, using Open Office and
Libre Office and a change in US requiring embedded symbols in the
SDS's could not be seen by a client using MS Word so I was forced to
buy MS office to get him to see the symbols. I am not a computer
person and would ditch Windows otherwise.

What kind of symbol was that? It is something very strange that it
only (and the "if" in this sentence stays correct in the end) opens in
OOo. Maybe this is something new you may discover.

Not the OSHA website I used, which has changed, but like these in Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GHS_hazard_pictograms

I think that *if* these pictures were added to an OOo document (as pictures! Menu "Insert > Picture from file", or anything similar to that) or in a MS-Word document *created and edited* in OOo, the probability that everyone who opens this file in MS-Word (any version) will be able to see all of it.

The only thing I was imagining, and I am still not sure it is not the case, is: you used OOo with a font with these symbols that the client did not have (the font!). The solution you found hid what actually happened, which is mostly normal.

There were no fonts in the symbols I used. OSHA has taken down the website but I had copied the whole thing and continue to use it. I have had no problem using MS Word. Now using these symbols for over a year I normally don't need different ones that I have not used and usually make a new SDS by cloning a similar chemical with same warnings.

I need to use IE to access my main clients remote desk top in the UK. Edge, Chrome or Firefox won't work. I assume major problems if I tried to set up with linux.

Glad you brought my attention to this as I had referenced the url to OSHA in one of my web pages and will have to change it.

Frank