Web lists-archives.com

Re: new Windows 10 update?

Em 21-12-2017 12:43, Frank escreveu:
On 12/21/2017 9:23 AM, Ocalab wrote:
Em 21-12-2017 12:07, Frank escreveu:
[...]
They have an extremely annoying ad on
Minesweeper that you cannot avoid, you can turn the sound off but have
to let it run a couple of minutes as if you shut it off it comes back if
you try to play Minesweeper.

I can only laugh at this: "Ads in the Minesweeper". What keeps you
using Windows instead of moving, possibly permanently (like I did
several years ago) to one of the miriad of linux distributions?

I have worked in a couple of places where I needed **indows to
reproduce and repeat problems pointed by a few clients. In my computer
there, I had a virtual machine for that, nothing beyound.

Hey, I have a gift for you:

Explore the page http://www.oldversion.com/games/mine-sweeper-xp-6-1

Brake your cuffs!

I had considered old versions.

That is good. But what happened? It did not solve your "problem"?

I stick to Windows as I do some online consulting and have to deal with
Windows systems including a remote desktop.

I have used remote desktops with **indoze while I was using linux. That is possible too, you know?

I was writing documents, Safety Data Sheets, using Open Office and
Libre Office and a change in US requiring embedded symbols in the
SDS's could not be seen by a client using MS Word so I was forced to
buy MS office to get him to see the symbols. I am not a computer
person and would ditch Windows otherwise.

What kind of symbol was that? It is something very strange that it only (and the "if" in this sentence stays correct in the end) opens in OOo. Maybe this is something new you may discover.