Web lists-archives.com

Re: FCC votes to remove protections for the open Internet in the USA.

On 12/19/2017 03:01 PM, Wolf K wrote:

Footnote: At the current (Ontario) minimum wage of $14/hour, a shopping
trip costs around $60 to $120 in time, plus the mileage cost of the
vehicle, which at the current common expense-claim rate of around
$0.40/km amounts to about $120. Total direct and indirect cost: $180 to
$240 or so. If saving money on shopping is the prime motive for
travelling to the city, you'd have to spend a thousand dollars or more
to come out even. OTOH, since we do have to go to the city for services
we can't get here, adding a shopping excursion reduces the cost of the trip.

There are real advantages to being retired -- my time is worth NOTHING. Given that I run cars into the ground and I bought the Corolla on the assumption that maintenance costs would be negligible, all it costs me to go shopping is ~15 centsUS/mile. My shopping trip may be a 20-mile round trip (if I include Costco, no more often than once a monh), and I don't do this more than once a week, if that.

There are real advantages to living in pretty places, though, and I wish I did :-(

Cheers, Bev
  "To liberals, building a wall across the Mexican border is a
   violation of the Voting Rights Act."         -- Ann Coulter
general mailing list