Web lists-archives.com

Re: FCC votes to remove protections for the open Internet in the USA.

On 12/17/2017 12:56 PM, Jim Fisher wrote:
On 16 Dec 2017 at 19:05, Wolf K wrote:
On 2017-12-16 16:22, Ocalab wrote:
> Great post!
> I just miss the meaning of "GDP" in the last paragraph:
>> add to the GDP
> What is it?

Gross Domestic Product, the sum-total of all monetary transactions in a

That's a more accurate definition than Caver1's. According to the GDP measure,
which is used by most governments and international bodies to monitor economic
performance, it is beneficial and adds to GDP if you pay someone to destroy
something (anything) of public value, or pay someone to dig a hole and then
fill it in again. but if you spend a day doing voluntary work for a charity or
helping your neighbour that has no value. It's a total nonsense, but seems to
be the only thing of interest to most governments and economists.

You can deduct money given to charity, but not time. We're clearly regarded as worthless no matter which party is in power.

Cheers, Bev
  Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a
  well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
  and shouting HOLY SHIT, WHAT A RIDE!!!
general mailing list