Web lists-archives.com

Re: Early returns on Firefox Quantum 57

On 12/16/2017 4:15 PM On a whim, Wolf K pounded out on the keyboard

On 2017-12-16 17:20, Terry wrote:
Back when papers were released once per day, and most morning news
reported the evening prior, and evening news was about half a days
worth, reporters took time to verify sources. Now the media rushes to
beat everyone else and posts to social media and internet blogs without
verification of sources. Sloppy, error prone, hence "fake news".

I don't blame the media, I blame gullible social media users. They'll
believe and repost anything. If =something is "trending", you could bet
it's trivial or misleading or both. You would win your bet often enough
to make a good living at it. Which is why you won't find anyone taking
your bet.

What "bet" are you referring to that you're claiming I made? You basically restated what I already said.

The media has to take blame, regardless if you don't blame them. They're the sloppy ones who aren't verifying sources. When a false claim can make stocks drop over 350 points in a couple hours, those responsible should be fired.

general mailing list