Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox: fixed colors => why some pages do *not* show which text is selected?

Em 17-12-2017 04:49, 5 escreveu:
On 12/16/2017 08:57 AM, Ocalab wrote:
Em 16-12-2017 14:49, Ocalab escreveu:
This is Firefox 52 ESR.

I use the settings to force the change of pages' colors:

1. Go to URL about:preferences#content

2. Click the "colors" button

3. Choose a light color for text, and a dark color for background

4. Change the dropdown menu "Substitute page colors..." to "always"

5. Click "ok"

With these settings, something strange (something bad) happens with some
pages. When I select their text (to copy and paste parts of it, for
example) I cannot see the text selection. It is invisible! Why that

When you want a light color for text, and a dark color for background,
use a bookmarklet.
The one called "invert lightness" does the job, available at
<https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/> in the "Color Bookmarklets"

I tried the "invert lightness" thing. It is not good because:

- it *needs* javascript enabled (no, I do *not* have it enabled in the profile I most use

- I need to click the fav for each page becoming good! That is veeeeery bad. Adding the bookmarks toolbar to the interface (or at least that bookmark button, if that is possible) may help, but still needs a click for each page - and also needs *another click* in the same tab if I click any links in it! That is veeeeeery very bad.

- changing about:config javascript.enabled option (double click its value!) does mean the magic bookmark will *not* work for a page. Disabled = no work. There must be a coincidence of "page loaded time" *while* "javascript enabled". When we want to use it disabled almost all the time (pretty normal for me) we need to do page reloads and JS enabled changes a few times to have the colors inverted actually true... it gives too much work, not really feasible to use without JS.

- JS being either enabled or disabled, it will not work for about:config , about:preferences or any other setup page (possibly, I use those two a lot, tested only in them). Totally bad! Forced colors change those too - everything changes, it is good, predictable!

And the invert bookmarklet is good because: inverting all page's colors will keep the existence of different color tones. They will also exist in the inverted page, which is something usually lost with the forced colors setting I described (their lost is acceptable, though; I do not mind it for almost all pages).
general mailing list