Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox: fixed colors => why some pages do *not* show which text is selected?

On 12/16/2017 08:57 AM, Ocalab wrote:
Em 16-12-2017 14:49, Ocalab escreveu:
This is Firefox 52 ESR.

I use the settings to force the change of pages' colors:

1. Go to URL about:preferences#content

2. Click the "colors" button

3. Choose a light color for text, and a dark color for background

4. Change the dropdown menu "Substitute page colors..." to "always"

5. Click "ok"

With these settings, something strange (something bad) happens with some
pages. When I select their text (to copy and paste parts of it, for
example) I cannot see the text selection. It is invisible! Why that
happens?

When you want a light color for text, and a dark color for background, use a bookmarklet. The one called "invert lightness" does the job, available at <https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/> in the "Color Bookmarklets" category.