Web lists-archives.com

Re: Early returns on Firefox Quantum 57

On 12/15/2017 5:12 PM On a whim, WaltS48 pounded out on the keyboard

On 12/15/17 7:32 PM, Terry wrote:
On 12/12/2017 8:17 AM On a whim, WaltS48 pounded out on the keyboard

It appears things are looking good.

In less than a month, Firefox Quantum has already been installed by
over 170M people around the world. We’re just getting started and
early returns are super encouraging.
<https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/12/12/early-returns-on-firefox-quantum-point-to-growth/>

More users coming from Chrome. Mobile is growing and more.

Yes, by "auto-update", meaning those computers already had FF installed...

Care to hear the "other" side of Mozilla's fake news?
https://www.computerworld.com/article/3243010/web-browsers/mozillas-claims-of-firefox-quantum-success-arent-confirmed-by-user-stats.html

I've been inundated by users who continue to write in to the Mozilla
webmaster email. They're making a last ditch effort to contact someone
because they've had it.

Sure I'll hear the other sides fake news. Now that all news is fake, we
should stop following news.

Back when papers were released once per day, and most morning news reported the evening prior, and evening news was about half a days worth, reporters took time to verify sources. Now the media rushes to beat everyone else and posts to social media and internet blogs without verification of sources. Sloppy, error prone, hence "fake news".

And no, not all news is fake. But when 4 MSM reports are erroneous in ONE WEEK, something is clearly wrong. In their hate of anything this administration is and does, it causes the MSM to wind up looking like fools when they report it.

Thanks for the read.

I'm sure Firefox is losing some users, gaining some users and so are
Chrome, IE, Opera, SeaMonkey and all the other browsers.

FF is bleeding users, now down to ~11% (which out of some 150 billion Windows machines alone would account for the 170 million installs Mozilla is claiming, which is all from updating, not new installs). Chrome is still gaining, IE staying about the same, and all the rest are irrelevant.

The universe is in constant change.

And yet some things never change...