Web lists-archives.com

Re: FCC votes to remove protections for the open Internet in the USA.

Em 16-12-2017 15:04, Ed Mullen escreveu:
On 12/16/2017 at 11:53 AM, Ocalab created this epitome of digital genius:
Em 16-12-2017 13:37, Caver1 escreveu:
May you explain what you mean when you say "but you do have to go
through a couple of HOOPS"? I am not sure I understood. I even looked
the word "hoops" (or hoop) in a Dictionary
(https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hoop#English), but did not help.

The phrase is typically "jump through hoops" and means:

I have read all the examples in that page. Now I can say I undertood what Caver1 meant. Thank you very much!

Now I found https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/jump_through_hoops too, but maybe a "see also" item to that should be added in the hoop (and hoops) word there.

    If this messages and others are off-topic,
    disconsider that part of it, or ask it to be
    moved to another group. If someone replied
    here, my opinion is that there is no problem
    with that - something that is really rare, IMO.
general mailing list