Web lists-archives.com

Re: FCC votes to remove protections for the open Internet in the USA.

On 12/15/2017 05:28 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 12/15/17 9:41 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 12/15/2017 8:30 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 12/15/17 9:22 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
On 12/15/2017 at 2:41 AM, Ron Hunter created this epitome of digital
genius:
On 12/14/2017 2:19 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
Get ready to pay more to access some content and services.

<https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/12/14/todays-net-neutrality-vote-an-unsurprising-unfortunate-disappointment/>

So, things revert to how they were before 2015.  Was it so bad then?
Much ado about nothing.

+1

Are you sure about that?

Your ISP isn't going to throttle your connections to certain sites
like Comcast did with Netflix, and who knows what else the providers
have in mind.

How about.

Greetings User,

We have noticed you get over 100 emails a day. This puts a strain on
our servers, so to provide you with the best possible service, we will
be charging you ten cents an email for each email over 50 that you
receive.

This charge will be automatically be added to your monthly bill.

Thanks for being a customer.

Your ISP.

You don't believe in paying for services received?  Why should I pay the
same for sending maybe 10 emails a month, which you send 100 a day?  And
what business is it of government to take a hand in this?
You want 100mbps, you pay more.  You want to stream movies, pay more for
the bandwidth.  Supply and demand at work.  What you mean is that you
want others to pay for your fun.

By the way Ron, I am paying for Internet and Voice services. Just
switched from paying Verizon $163 a month, to paying Comcast $66 a month
for a one year promotional Internet and Voice plan, which the goes up to
$106 when the promotional period is over.

I don't recall anything in Net Neutrality, that will provide me with
those services at taxpayers expense. I do want to continue getting what
I have access to now at the same cost.

Consider getting an Ooma device for VOIP. We've had ours for several years and are super happy with it. What will Comcast charge for internet only?

--
Cheers, Bev
   Children, your performance was miserable. Your parents will