Web lists-archives.com

Re: Early returns on Firefox Quantum 57

On 12/13/2017 1:55 PM On a whim, Lucifer Morningstar pounded out on the keyboard

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 21:01:08 +0100, PietB
<www.godfatherof.nl/@opt-in.invalid>  wrote:

WaltS48 wrote:
It appears things are looking good.

In less than a month, Firefox Quantum has already been installed
by over 170M people around the world.
Instead of "has been installed by" I'd rather speak of "has been
enforced on", as I presume it's not the user, but the auto-update
that has executed all those "installations". Which is exactly the
reason why so many people are annoyed by all the FF changes that
have been *enforced* upon them. Experts often are able to take
countermeasures (e.g. CTR), most users aren't.

I have had to reinstall 56 and set it to never update.

-p

To those writing in to the Mozilla webmaster, I provide a link to 56.0.2 and how to turn off updating, for those frustrated by v57. Most had sworn off FF altogether, but at least with the older version they're happy, even if it doesn't get patched.