Web lists-archives.com

Re: FCC votes to remove protections for the open Internet in the USA.

On 2017-12-15 09:46, Disaster Master wrote:
On 12/14/2017, 5:04:02 PM, Wolf K <wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2017-12-14 15:19, WaltS48 wrote:
Get ready to pay more to access some content and services.

... plus a general slowing down of everything else.

This is such hyper-hysterical nonsense it befuddles the mind.

Fear not, little snowflake, the world is not ending just because the FCC
is undoing some rules changes based on ancient (83+ year old) statutory
law, and was only in effect for two years (you did know that didn't you?)...

Well, what do you expect when the Trumpists believe that
"Net Neutrality" is democrat-speak for government control of the Internet.

I try to remember that statists will always believe what they want to
believe ignoring history and the plain reality staring them in the face.

The fact is, we don't need Wheeler/Obama's 'net neutrality' government
overreach, we need Congress to completely rewrite the Communications Act
of 1934 (the underlying basis for Title II, that people scream about
without understanding one iota of what they are screaming about).

I try to remember that anti-statists will always believe what they want to believe.......

And I note that anti-statists expect the state to implement their beliefs.

Not that this exchange of opinions will have any effect. The ruling classes will control the internet regardless of who is the White House or in Congress. Buying favourable legislation is as American as apple pie, and has been from the founding of the Republic..

(Nit pick: Apple pie is actually an English invention.)

Wolf K
"The next conference for the time travel design team will be held two weeks ago."
general mailing list