Web lists-archives.com

Re: FCC votes to remove protections for the open Internet in the USA.

In article <161fa929-c64a-4052-8412-09af5cba913c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
andrewlb@xxxxxxxxx says...
>  I don't recall any ISPs throttling competitors, ramping up fees,
> or any of the other 'sky is falling' claims being made by proponents
> of Net Neutrality now that its rightfully being ended.

There was the time that streaming on Netflix by Comcast customers became
painfully slow to nonexistent (prime time) ... until Netflix broke down
and became a direct customer of Comcast so Netflix servers would feed
Comcast instead of using a separate interconnect to send streams to
Comcast customers.

That may have been more business rules (naturally each side played up
its side and downplayed the other side until they had finally signed a
contract and Netflix servers had direct connections to Comcast).