Web lists-archives.com

Re: A New Future for Thunderbird

On 12/13/2017 7:20 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 12/13/17 3:15 AM, PietB wrote:
TCW wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
Thought I would share this blog post by the new Community Manager for
Thunderbird. I found it in the TB meeting notes from Nov. 14th, and
don't recall seeing it anywhere.
<http://ryanleesipes.me/a-new-future-for-thunderbird/>

Thanks for this. Filled out survey as well. This need to be published
somewhere where more eyes can see it!

Why? A "Community Manager" who apparently has never heard about News?

-p

Why do you have to be critical instead of happy that there is progress on moving Thunderbird forward in it's development.

In the post he describes Thunderbird

 as an Email, messaging, and calendar client

In the survey he has RSS Feed listed as one of the features. When I set up an account for RSS feeds the default name is Blogs and News Feeds. I think that counts as News.

There was a spot in the survey for informing the manager what other Features are used. I also added newsgroups because it wasn't listed, I also added the email providers I use, and what I would like to see in Thunderbird.

I suppose I forgot to go on a rant about the simple poll, instead of waiting for the

more widely distributed one again in the near future.

Thanks for filling out the survey. If you think you could have done better you should have applied for the position of Community Manager.

Well, news, as in an RSS feed is like 'news' you get in a newspaper. When TB users talk about 'news' we mean NNTP access, get it?