Web lists-archives.com

Re: "Access denied"

On 12/06/2017 01:12 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
Hartmut Figge wrote on 06-12-17 21:43:
Caver1:
On 12/6/17 3:00 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
The Real Bev wrote on 06-12-17 17:51:
Recently I've been getting 'access denied' messages when I try to look
at the Ralph's (Kroger) website.  Now I'm getting them when I try to
look at Costco.  Happens even though I use a link in the email they
sent, FF52 and 57, with or without user agent switcher pretending to
be windows chrrome, and Chrome itself.  WTF? Anybody else?

----------
Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.costco.com/"; on this
server.
Reference #18.dce33b8.1512578677.1a9f33ea
-----------

I have the same problem:
Windows10 pro: User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1

And going to a proxy to see if possible by the proxy - the result is:

The requested resource could not be loaded because the server returned
an error:
*403 Forbidden* (?).
No problem here. FF57 Ubuntu 16.04.
Same here. The page loads without any problems.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:59.0) Gecko/2017120601 SeaMonkey/2.56a1-h

Hartmut
Perhaps the .htaccess file of the site do some "deny" for some "IP mask
adress"

The bottom line: I took the (Cisco) modem back to Charter and got one (Arris) with a new IP address. Everything works now, although I had to 'initialize' it by trying to log in to our network with my cellphone. The linux computer didn't get the message and just wouldn't connect :-( It started working, but I never got a YOU'RE WORKING NOW message on the cell.

That was just flailing -- I feared there might be some windows setup needed, but it was easier to try the phone. I'm ashamed to say that most of my solutions result from flailing.

We logged in to our friend's machine, which also connects to Charter. No problem. At this point I called Charter. Helpdroid claimed he reset the IP address, but he didn't -- he just reset the modem from his end, thereby cutting off our phone call :-( I suspect he didn't understand the difference, although he seemed to. The first helpdroid claimed that they reset the IP address every 6 months (a FALSE lie, we've had the same one for nearly two years in spite of numerous resets) and that she couldn't do it manually -- at least I think that's what she said, there was serious interference on the line.

They call themselves Spectrum now. I guess we're on the far left end :-( I'm really glad there's a Spectrum office a few miles away -- I'd hate to have to do this shit by snail mail.

--
Cheers, Bev
  "Why does everybody always forget the eigthth dwarf? Just because