Web lists-archives.com

Re: Microsoft has reached 600 Million Users

PietB wrote:
Jim Fisher wrote:
+1--

Wonder how that math works. ;-)

Forget Google! I search with https://duckduckgo.com  which doesn't spy on you

There are more ways to avoid Google.
I prefer Ixquick/Startpage. Just a few reasons why:

- I/S stores my settings in a cookie, DDG stores them in the cloud.
   Where are the cloud servers? For me it makes a lot of difference
   if they're in Europe or in the US.

- DDG lets you choose search categories (web, pictures, etc.) only
   *after* you've done a web search. With I/S you can make the choice
   *beforehand*.

- When I open a private window in FF and start DDG with my settings
   "encoded" in the URL, then check the settings, they're back to the
   default. When I do the same with I/S, the settings are the ones
   "encoded" in the URL.

-p

I agree Ixquick/Startpage is the best and most secure option. I deleted Google from my preferred search engines a long time ago cause they filter out sites according their commercial and political interests and due to way they spy you. Anyway, what I don't understand well is what's the difference between "Startpage" and "Startpage by Ixquick". I use both indistinctly.