Re: Microsoft has reached 600 Million Users
- Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 09:46:41 -0500
- From: Luis <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Microsoft has reached 600 Million Users
Jim Fisher wrote:
Wonder how that math works. ;-)
Forget Google! I search with https://duckduckgo.com which doesn't spy on you
There are more ways to avoid Google.
I prefer Ixquick/Startpage. Just a few reasons why:
- I/S stores my settings in a cookie, DDG stores them in the cloud.
Where are the cloud servers? For me it makes a lot of difference
if they're in Europe or in the US.
- DDG lets you choose search categories (web, pictures, etc.) only
*after* you've done a web search. With I/S you can make the choice
- When I open a private window in FF and start DDG with my settings
"encoded" in the URL, then check the settings, they're back to the
default. When I do the same with I/S, the settings are the ones
"encoded" in the URL.
I agree Ixquick/Startpage is the best and most secure option. I deleted
Google from my preferred search engines a long time ago cause they
filter out sites according their commercial and political interests and
due to way they spy you. Anyway, what I don't understand well is what's
the difference between "Startpage" and "Startpage by Ixquick". I use
general mailing list