Web lists-archives.com

Re: Pin tab?

On 11/30/2017 08:06 PM, Sailfish wrote:
11/29/2017 11:05 PM:

<snip />

I guess that's not all that convenient to do in Android, and since
everything seems to be phone-centric now there's no need to lock
anything.  Fsck.

Agree. While there will always be a need for multi-processing,
multi-tasking, multi-windowed OSes, the limitations of smartphones will
be the target audience for the foreseeable future and thus, the primary
devices that devs will be designing for with laptops/desktops being
tagalong device, imo.

AP used to have a really nice "raw" newsfeed. The main page was text-only, just the latest 200 one-line headlines. The articles linked were also text-only. My only gripe was that sports shit was included and slowed down the process of choosing articles to read. Now the main page is pictures, big print, much scrolling, and a monumental nuisance. The only good thing is that you can easily see which articles are sports-related.

--
Cheers, Bev
  This is Usenet. We *are* the trained body for dealing