Web lists-archives.com

Youth for Christ

On 30/11/2017 7:26, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what The Real Bev graced us with on 11/29/2017 7:43 PM:
On 11/29/2017 05:04 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 11/29/17 7:36 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
FF57/linux.  Exactly what good is pinning a tab if the TITLE of the tab
becomes invisible?  I want to lock (no longer available, of course) at
least 8 tabs, but not if they're all nameless.  This is like taking the
labels off all the canned goods in your cupboard :-(

I would not know. Never used pinned tabs.

When testing I see a tooltip.

The tooltip when you hover the mouse over the pinned tab isn't working
for you?

That works if I hover over the icon -- a tiny target for people whose feedback loops for mousing don't work quite as well as they should. The whole idea seems stupid.  What could possibly be the point?  "Lock tab" (was that a tab mix plus thing or a native FF thing?) was perfect.  If I remember to middle-click the thing I want to open in a new tab without re-using the old tab it works the same way, but it's still stupid to force me to retrain what might be decades of reflexes in order to... uh... er...

I use Pin Tab for pages I don't goto often but want them handy when I do. They're nice since they don't take much space but I only use it for 5 or less pages which ends up only taking less than two normal tab spaces.

ymmv

YFC -> pastor Brucks 1975