Web lists-archives.com

Re: Deleted messages in these newsgroups

On 29 Nov 2017 at 8:40, Balaco wrote:

> Em 29-11-2017 08:24, Hartmut Figge escreveu:
> > Balaco:
> >
> >> So cancel does not work.
> >
> > Well, it depends. What would happen to a cancel if a NG is connected to
> > a mailing list? The latter consists of E-Mails which cannot be cancelled.
> >
> > To test cancel, use a test NG on a real news server.
> >

> I meant to say the message was not cancelled in the Mozilla newsgroup
> access, which is the one and only was I access this service.
>
> For cancelled newsgroup messages, people reading them through mailing
> lists would possibly receive multiple similar messages, if the mirroring
> is instantaneous or close to that.

For Harmut's information, this group is connected to a mailing list. I have
always received messages from and sent them to this group by email. When I
first joined I didn't know it was a newsgroup, but thought it was just a
mailing list.

I can confirm that the original message, stating it would be cancelled, came
through. Once sent out there is no way it could be recalled from all the
recipients. The attempt to cancel had no effect that I could see. No, there
were no multiple similar messages, just the one as normal.

Jim Fisher
--
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom (needs updating)
Forget Google! I search with https://duckduckgo.com  which doesn't spy on you