Web lists-archives.com

Re: Deleted messages in these newsgroups

Em 28-11-2017 20:40, Agaric escreveu:
On 11/28/2017 10:48 AM, s|b wrote:
On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 07:48:49 -0800, Agaric wrote:

Here's the correct answer.
Deleting (cancelling) your message sends out a request to news servers
to remove it.

Does it? I'm pretty sure he's only deleting postings locally which Wolf
K already mentioned. To cancel a posting a TB user will probably need to
right-click on the message and then choose 'cancel message' or something
similar.

It does, but I think now that Balaco was referring to Delete.
"I discovered that I can delete *any* newsgroup messages" made me think
"Cancel", because that takes a bit of discovering.
Anyhow, try that here to someone else's post, and the moderator will
have your IP address. Might be grounds for banning.

Yes, I meant and did a delete. Specifically, I used the delete key in my keyboard. If I would use the right click menu for messages, I would choose the "Exclude message" (or something similar in English, I translated that from what I saw now in my language) option.

I will check if a "cancel message" option exist for a recent post I make - with this message, to be exact, but I will not click on it. Just seeing it will be enough.