Web lists-archives.com

Re: Deleted messages in these newsgroups

Em 28-11-2017 13:48, Agaric escreveu:
On 11/28/2017 07:27 AM, Balaco wrote:
Em 28-11-2017 13:11, Balaco escreveu:
I discovered that I can delete *any* newsgroup messages with
Thunderbird.

When I delete my own messages, are they deleted for other users as well?
It eventually happens that sometimes I write things that I only see
wrong or not so good after sometime. In fora, I would edit them. In a
newsgroup, if anyone did not yet replied, the best to do is an answer to
myself pointing the problem or re-saying everything. Of course undoing
things for who read through mailing lists will not exist unless the
"make post" + "mirroring to the respective mailing list" actions wait
some time to happen.

Thank you all for the fast answers! (:

Here's the correct answer.
Deleting (cancelling) your message sends out a request to news servers
to remove it. The servers may, or may not, honor that request, but
Thunderbird assumes it's been done and hides the message from *you* .
Others using news server "A" may still see it, while it's gone from
server "B". The only sure thing is that *you* are fooled.

A fairly big mess...