Web lists-archives.com

Re: Deleted messages in these newsgroups

Em 28-11-2017 13:41, Luis escreveu:
Balaco wrote:
I discovered that I can delete *any* newsgroup messages with Thunderbird.

When I delete my own messages, are they deleted for other users as
well? It eventually happens that sometimes I write things that I only
see wrong or not so good after sometime. In fora, I would edit them.
In a newsgroup, if anyone did not yet replied, the best to do is an
answer to myself pointing the problem or re-saying everything. Of
course undoing things for who read through mailing lists will not
exist unless the "make post" + "mirroring to the respective mailing
list" actions wait some time to happen.

If this occurs to you very often, the best you can do is to write your
message in a text editor, then let it alone for a half an hour or so.
Re-read it again and post or delete.

It is not too frequent, but there have been times where I still missed a few details in what I posted. And, in case you wonder, I always reread what I will post - with that, I expect to remove all small or not problems...