Web lists-archives.com

Re: Deleted messages in these newsgroups

On 28/11/2017 15:11, Balaco wrote:
I discovered that I can delete *any* newsgroup messages with Thunderbird.

When I delete my own messages, are they deleted for other users as well? It eventually happens that sometimes I write things that I only see wrong or not so good after sometime. In fora, I would edit them. In a newsgroup, if anyone did not yet replied, the best to do is an answer to myself pointing the problem or re-saying everything. Of course undoing things for who read through mailing lists will not exist unless the "make post" + "mirroring to the respective mailing list" actions wait some time to happen.

No you can't delete any message from a newsgroup. What you are doing is deleting the message from your machine; this doesn't mean you have deleted the message from the remote server. We can still see the message or you can still see the message using another machine or you re-download the messages by repairing the affected NG.

You can try this on a test newsgroup.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.