Web lists-archives.com

Re: How to lock down Quantum

On 11/27/17 4:48 AM, PietB wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
This bank and a payroll company have been mentioned many times.

Really? I haven't mentioned its name and yet you know which bank
I'm referring to?

But despite all the comments my key question hasn't been answered,
so let me repeat it:

Now, my understanding was that with the advent of FF59, FF ESR would
also take some sort of quantum leap and become ESR59, also no longer
supporting "old school" add-ons and plugins. Am I wrong?

-p

No, you are not wrong.

The only plugin supported is Flash, except in 52ESR where the Java plugin is also supported.

When 59ESR comes out the Java Plugin will no longer be supported and Oracle has stopped making the plugin.

Unfortunately we are stuck with Flash for a while longer.

Adobe is planning to end-of-life Flash. Specifically, we will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020 and encourage content creators to migrate any existing Flash content to these new open formats.

REF: <https://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2017/07/adobe-flash-update.html>

--
Less than three months until Valentine's Day
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>