Web lists-archives.com

Re: Important!!! Do not allow Firefox to update to 57!!!

On 11/27/17 9:09 AM, Caver1 wrote:
On 11/27/17 4:34 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 11/26/2017 8:56 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 11/26/17 9:45 AM, Balaco wrote:
Em 26-11-2017 05:51, Ron Hunter escreveu:
On 11/25/2017 6:43 PM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
Important!!! Do not allow Firefox to update to 57!!! I had to
reinstall 56 and set it to never update.
FF 57 is so screwed up it won't work with the best important
add ons.

Something we already knew.  I have no intention of updating Firefox
beyond 55.  Throwing out the best feature of Firefox, bar none, is
virtual suicide, which they have been working on for a couple of years.

+1

-2

The new Firefox actually manages to evolve the entire browser
experience, recognizing the multi-device, ultra-mobile lives we all
lead and building a browser that plays along. It's a browser built
with privacy in mind, automatically stopping invisible trackers and
making your history available to you and no one else. It's better than
Chrome, faster than Chrome, smarter than Chrome.

REF:
<https://www.wired.com/story/firefox-quantum-the-browser-built-for-2017/>

Now if it just didn't LOOK like Chrome, and WORK like Chrome....

Make it look the way you want.
Here's my FF57 so far;
https://ibb.co/gjF8a6

Nice, but remember the good old days of Firefox 28 when curved tabs, and other new features were hated by many, spawning the CTR extension.

--
Less than three months until Valentine's Day
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>