Web lists-archives.com

Re: Important!!! Do not allow Firefox to update to 57!!!

On 11/26/2017 8:56 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 11/26/17 9:45 AM, Balaco wrote:
Em 26-11-2017 05:51, Ron Hunter escreveu:
On 11/25/2017 6:43 PM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
Important!!! Do not allow Firefox to update to 57!!! I had to
reinstall 56 and set it to never update.
FF 57 is so screwed up it won't work with the best important
add ons.

Something we already knew.  I have no intention of updating Firefox
beyond 55.  Throwing out the best feature of Firefox, bar none, is
virtual suicide, which they have been working on for a couple of years.

+1

-2

The new Firefox actually manages to evolve the entire browser experience, recognizing the multi-device, ultra-mobile lives we all lead and building a browser that plays along. It's a browser built with privacy in mind, automatically stopping invisible trackers and making your history available to you and no one else. It's better than Chrome, faster than Chrome, smarter than Chrome.

REF: <https://www.wired.com/story/firefox-quantum-the-browser-built-for-2017/>

Now if it just didn't LOOK like Chrome, and WORK like Chrome....