Web lists-archives.com

Re: New browser from the devs of Palemoon

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 20:36:24 -0200, Balaco <balaco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Em 22-11-2017 20:31, FredW escreveu:
>> On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 13:28:27 -0600, Ron Hunter <rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>>
>>> OK, maybe I am just an old grouch, but if this browser wants to replace
>>> Firefox, WHY doesn't it let me import anything from Firefox????  I am
>>> not about to reenter 400 bookmarks, and 100 passwords from Firefox.
>>> Even Google Chrome manages to import my bookmarks, and passwords!
>>> Deleted it!
>>

>> I copied places.sqlite from Palemoon to Basilisk.
>> And so I could use my 4000+ bookmarks in Palemoon
>> also in Basilisk.
>>
>> What is your problem?
>>

>I think the poster expected a similar window of that we see when Firefox
>runs the first time, which imports things from Internet Explorer, Edge
>and (probably) other browsers.

I do not know what the poster thinks, he could tell himself.
I gave a method to import all his bookmarks from Firefox to Basilisk.
Isn't that what he wanted?

(There are more ways leading to Rome.)

If you try out new software (in alpha/beta status), it is wise to find
out what can be done and what can not be done, in stead of complaining
about very specific features you want to be there.

--
Fred W. (nld)