Web lists-archives.com

Re: New browser from the devs of Palemoon

Em 23-11-2017 12:15, Caver1 escreveu:
On 11/22/17 10:14 PM, Wolf K wrote:
On 2017-11-22 21:35, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Balaco graced us with on 11/22/2017
3:13 PM:

ah, so they did keep that profile file the same. Is the same true with
moving places.sqlite (which contains the bookmarks as well as
history)?

Is this true? Firefox keeps history in the same file as bookmarks?
That is sooooooooooooooo bad! I want to copy one, but *not* anything
from the other! The export/import steps are the only way, then?

Yes, that's why the places.sqllite file grows to a large size. If one
backsup to HTML, renames their existing places.sqllite file and then
restore from the HTML, that cleans out the history. As an example, I had
noticed that my places.sqllite file had grown to 70MB+ but once I backed
up and restored it dropped back to 10MBs.

I thought Clear History and/or Clear Recent History took care of all
that.

I believe it does.. My places.sqlite file is never above 10 MB.

Someone said that the menu option does *not* compress the places.sqlite file. So the file may not reduce too much, although it has no cache. I found this strange, but I cannot easily test it (lazyness) and I believed what was said. Manually deleting the file was the better solution.