Web lists-archives.com

Re: NoScript 10.1.1 usurping my Firefox 57

On 11/22/2017 7:38 AM, Luis wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 11/22/17 2:27 AM, Poutnik wrote:
Dne 21/11/2017 v 23:32 Lucifer Morningstar napsal(a):
On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 19:19:08 +0100, rebro <rebro@domain.invalid>
wrote:

After today's installation of NoScript 10.1.1 in FF 57.0 (Win 10 x64) it
does its blocking-business in the background without responding in the
slightest to my desperate left- (and sometimes even more desperate
right-) clicking on its icon whenever I want to make use of some blocked
script.

Is this a known common problem or just home-made blundering on my side?

FF 57 is a blunder. Revert to 56 until they sort it.

Or to stay with FF 52 ESR until May/June 2018.

Most of issues with FF 57+ will be resolved until then
and it will give time to developers
to port their add-on into the webextension form.
( If they are going to. )

They have had 2 years.

<https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/08/21/the-future-of-developing-firefox-add-ons/>

Since the involved work is not too rewarding most of the once popular extensions are abandoned projects.

Lots of extensions were abandoned long before extension signing and web extensions were announced.

It falls on the user to check once in awhile for updates or replacements.

YMMV