Web lists-archives.com

Re: New browser from the devs of Palemoon

Em 22-11-2017 00:40, WaltS48 escreveu:
On 11/21/17 4:39 PM, Balaco wrote:
Em 20-11-2017 19:15, Caver1 escreveu:
This is a new browser from the makers of Palemoon. Looks good but too
early for me to expand more. Basilisk.
Basilisk features
Main features:

    Full support for JavaScript's ECMAscript 6 standard for modern web
    Support for all NPAPI plugins (Unity, Silverlight, Flash, Java,
authentication plugins, etc.).
    Support for XUL/Overlay Mozilla-style extensions.
    Experimental support for WebExtensions (in gecko-target mode).
Please note that some Mozilla-specific WebExtension APIs are not yet
    Support for ALSA on Linux.
    Support for WebAssembly (WASM).
    Support for advanced Graphite font shaping features.
    Support for modern web cryptography: up to TLS 1.3, modern ciphers,
HSTS, etc.

Important differences with Mozilla Firefox:

    Uses Goanna as a layout and rendering engine. Goanna behaves
slightly differently than Gecko in certain respects and may result in
different display of web pages. e.g.: Goanna renders gradients in a more
accurate color space (non-premultiplied).
    Builds on UXP, our XUL platform in development. As such XUL is alive
and well in this browser and will not be deprecated.
    Has some long-standing known issues with the Mozilla code-base fixed
(e.g. CVE-2009-1232).
    Does not use Rust or the Photon user interface. You can expect a
familiar interface as-carried by Firefox between v29 and v56.
    Does not use Electrolysis (e10s, multi-process browsing).
    Does not require walled-garden extension signing.

A very sad "lack of feature" to me: Basilisk has *no* language
supported but English!

Any one around here know I if can do a kind of "forced install" of a
Firefox translation into Basilisk? Finding the right version (or some
with enough compatibility) should not be too hard...

The forum for your questions is at

Thank you for the attention, Walt. I created an account in that forum a few *hours* ago! :D

And about the translation, someone asked about it a few days ago, and the answer was not good. I have made an answer there to give voice for that idea. Other users should do it to. The more, the better:

general mailing list