Web lists-archives.com

Re: New browser from the devs of Palemoon

Em 21-11-2017 19:36, Ron Hunter escreveu:
On 11/21/2017 1:46 PM, Caver1 wrote:
On 11/21/17 1:01 PM, EE wrote:
Caver1 wrote:
This is a new browser from the makers of Palemoon. Looks good but too
early for me to expand more. Basilisk.
https://www.basilisk-browser.org/
Basilisk features
Main features:

      Full support for JavaScript's ECMAscript 6 standard for modern
web
browsing.
      Support for all NPAPI plugins (Unity, Silverlight, Flash, Java,
authentication plugins, etc.).
      Support for XUL/Overlay Mozilla-style extensions.
      Experimental support for WebExtensions (in gecko-target mode).
Please note that some Mozilla-specific WebExtension APIs are not yet
available.
      Support for ALSA on Linux.
      Support for WebAssembly (WASM).
      Support for advanced Graphite font shaping features.
      Support for modern web cryptography: up to TLS 1.3, modern
ciphers,
HSTS, etc.

Important differences with Mozilla Firefox:

      Uses Goanna as a layout and rendering engine. Goanna behaves
slightly differently than Gecko in certain respects and may result in
different display of web pages. e.g.: Goanna renders gradients in a
more
accurate color space (non-premultiplied).
      Builds on UXP, our XUL platform in development. As such XUL is
alive and well in this browser and will not be deprecated.
      Has some long-standing known issues with the Mozilla code-base
fixed (e.g. CVE-2009-1232).
      Does not use Rust or the Photon user interface. You can expect a
familiar interface as-carried by Firefox between v29 and v56.
      Does not use Electrolysis (e10s, multi-process browsing).
      Does not require walled-garden extension signing.

I could not find any screenshots.  What does Basilisk look like?  Is it
like Pale Moon or like Firefox with Australis?

Here's a screenshot;
https://ibb.co/fJretR

Is there a bookmarks toolbar?  If not, I am NOT interested.  99% of my
browsing is done from the bookmarks toolbar.

It is a Firefox fork! You are probably wrong if you think they did any work to *remove* something. For what you ask, it is there. I am running Basilisk here and now...