Web lists-archives.com

Re: New browser from the devs of Palemoon

Em 20-11-2017 19:15, Caver1 escreveu:
This is a new browser from the makers of Palemoon. Looks good but too
early for me to expand more. Basilisk.
https://www.basilisk-browser.org/
Basilisk features
Main features:

    Full support for JavaScript's ECMAscript 6 standard for modern web
browsing.
    Support for all NPAPI plugins (Unity, Silverlight, Flash, Java,
authentication plugins, etc.).
    Support for XUL/Overlay Mozilla-style extensions.
    Experimental support for WebExtensions (in gecko-target mode).
Please note that some Mozilla-specific WebExtension APIs are not yet
available.
    Support for ALSA on Linux.
    Support for WebAssembly (WASM).
    Support for advanced Graphite font shaping features.
    Support for modern web cryptography: up to TLS 1.3, modern ciphers,
HSTS, etc.

Important differences with Mozilla Firefox:

    Uses Goanna as a layout and rendering engine. Goanna behaves
slightly differently than Gecko in certain respects and may result in
different display of web pages. e.g.: Goanna renders gradients in a more
accurate color space (non-premultiplied).
    Builds on UXP, our XUL platform in development. As such XUL is alive
and well in this browser and will not be deprecated.
    Has some long-standing known issues with the Mozilla code-base fixed
(e.g. CVE-2009-1232).
    Does not use Rust or the Photon user interface. You can expect a
familiar interface as-carried by Firefox between v29 and v56.
    Does not use Electrolysis (e10s, multi-process browsing).
    Does not require walled-garden extension signing.

A very sad "lack of feature" to me: Basilisk has *no* language supported but English!

Any one around here know I if can do a kind of "forced install" of a Firefox translation into Basilisk? Finding the right version (or some with enough compatibility) should not be too hard...