Web lists-archives.com

Re: New browser from the devs of Palemoon

Em 21-11-2017 16:01, EE escreveu:
Caver1 wrote:
This is a new browser from the makers of Palemoon. Looks good but too
early for me to expand more. Basilisk.
https://www.basilisk-browser.org/
Basilisk features
Main features:

     Full support for JavaScript's ECMAscript 6 standard for modern
web browsing.
     Support for all NPAPI plugins (Unity, Silverlight, Flash, Java,
authentication plugins, etc.).
     Support for XUL/Overlay Mozilla-style extensions.
     Experimental support for WebExtensions (in gecko-target mode).
Please note that some Mozilla-specific WebExtension APIs are not yet
available.
     Support for ALSA on Linux.
     Support for WebAssembly (WASM).
     Support for advanced Graphite font shaping features.
     Support for modern web cryptography: up to TLS 1.3, modern
ciphers, HSTS, etc.

Important differences with Mozilla Firefox:

     Uses Goanna as a layout and rendering engine. Goanna behaves
slightly differently than Gecko in certain respects and may result in
different display of web pages. e.g.: Goanna renders gradients in a
more accurate color space (non-premultiplied).
     Builds on UXP, our XUL platform in development. As such XUL is
alive and well in this browser and will not be deprecated.
     Has some long-standing known issues with the Mozilla code-base
fixed (e.g. CVE-2009-1232).
     Does not use Rust or the Photon user interface. You can expect a
familiar interface as-carried by Firefox between v29 and v56.
     Does not use Electrolysis (e10s, multi-process browsing).
     Does not require walled-garden extension signing.

I could not find any screenshots.  What does Basilisk look like?  Is it
like Pale Moon or like Firefox with Australis?

I also would like to see screenshots of it. Screenshots not only in Windows, but Linux too (which is what I use 99,9% of the time).