Web lists-archives.com

Re: New browser from the devs of Palemoon

Caver1 wrote:
This is a new browser from the makers of Palemoon. Looks good but too early for me to expand more. Basilisk.
https://www.basilisk-browser.org/
Basilisk features
Main features:

    Full support for JavaScript's ECMAscript 6 standard for modern web browsing.     Support for all NPAPI plugins (Unity, Silverlight, Flash, Java, authentication plugins, etc.).
     Support for XUL/Overlay Mozilla-style extensions.
    Experimental support for WebExtensions (in gecko-target mode). Please note that some Mozilla-specific WebExtension APIs are not yet available.
     Support for ALSA on Linux.
     Support for WebAssembly (WASM).
     Support for advanced Graphite font shaping features.
    Support for modern web cryptography: up to TLS 1.3, modern ciphers, HSTS, etc.

Important differences with Mozilla Firefox:

    Uses Goanna as a layout and rendering engine. Goanna behaves slightly differently than Gecko in certain respects and may result in different display of web pages. e.g.: Goanna renders gradients in a more accurate color space (non-premultiplied).     Builds on UXP, our XUL platform in development. As such XUL is alive and well in this browser and will not be deprecated.     Has some long-standing known issues with the Mozilla code-base fixed (e.g. CVE-2009-1232).     Does not use Rust or the Photon user interface. You can expect a familiar interface as-carried by Firefox between v29 and v56.
     Does not use Electrolysis (e10s, multi-process browsing).
     Does not require walled-garden extension signing.

I could not find any screenshots. What does Basilisk look like? Is it like Pale Moon or like Firefox with Australis?