Web lists-archives.com

Re: Old UI

On 11/21/2017 06:53 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
On 11/20/2017 at 2:42 PM, The Real Bev created this epitome of digital
genius:
On 11/20/2017 10:41 AM, Hartdonor wrote:
On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 07:29:00 -0800 (PST), in mozilla.general,
rampaginghippo@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'd been wondering about this too.

I don't really mind the new look, but I do miss being able to reach
my bookmarks with just one click. The previous dropdown list made it
very easy to open many bookmarks at once.
I also kind of miss the old download icon. I'm having a bit of a hard
time telling what the progress is on the new one.

There is a "bookmarks menu" item in the customization menu. It looks like
a star with a basket underneath it. Add that to your toolbar and you can
have the bookmarks menu back.

BUT it's so wide that it overlays part of the actual screen;  leaving it
up all the time, which is what I want to do and which it does in FF52,
is not an option.

Can you post a link to a screen shot? Here's what my FF57 looks like.

<https://edmullen.net/temp/ff_fixed.jpg>

The things I do for you...

When I tried to use xv, the thing blinked out. I took a picture with my camera, edited it with Picasa and uploaded it to imgbox. There's no search capability when it's on the left side as shown, but something moved it over to the right side, overlaying the vertical tabs, and DID provide a search box -- otherwise I wouldn't have been able to find imgbox :-(

http://imgbox.com/RfzvX6RU

--
Cheers, Bev
           Linux -- the ultimate freebie!