Web lists-archives.com

Re: New browser from the devs of Palemoon

On 11/20/17 9:11 PM, Balaco wrote:
Em 20-11-2017 23:31, WaltS48 escreveu:
On 11/20/17 4:15 PM, Caver1 wrote:
This is a new browser from the makers of Palemoon. Looks good but too
early for me to expand more. Basilisk.
https://www.basilisk-browser.org/
Basilisk features
Main features:

     Full support for JavaScript's ECMAscript 6 standard for modern
web browsing.
     Support for all NPAPI plugins (Unity, Silverlight, Flash, Java,
authentication plugins, etc.).
     Support for XUL/Overlay Mozilla-style extensions.
     Experimental support for WebExtensions (in gecko-target mode).
Please note that some Mozilla-specific WebExtension APIs are not yet
available.
     Support for ALSA on Linux.
     Support for WebAssembly (WASM).
     Support for advanced Graphite font shaping features.
     Support for modern web cryptography: up to TLS 1.3, modern
ciphers, HSTS, etc.

Important differences with Mozilla Firefox:

     Uses Goanna as a layout and rendering engine. Goanna behaves
slightly differently than Gecko in certain respects and may result in
different display of web pages. e.g.: Goanna renders gradients in a
more accurate color space (non-premultiplied).
     Builds on UXP, our XUL platform in development. As such XUL is
alive and well in this browser and will not be deprecated.
     Has some long-standing known issues with the Mozilla code-base
fixed (e.g. CVE-2009-1232).
     Does not use Rust or the Photon user interface. You can expect a
familiar interface as-carried by Firefox between v29 and v56.
     Does not use Electrolysis (e10s, multi-process browsing).
     Does not require walled-garden extension signing.

Sounds totally unsecured to me.

Unsecured? May you please explain where did you conclude that?

You obviously know nothing about the Rust language, what e10s do or how those non-walled-garden unsigned extensions can be exploited by hackers to compromise your browsing experience.

I suggest you do the research. I've been following it for years.

--
Less than three months until Valentine's Day
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>