Web lists-archives.com

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 20:18:53 -0500, responder <responder@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On 11/10/2017 9:38 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 11/10/17 7:57 AM, Daniel wrote:
>>> On 10/11/2017 7:46 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>>
>>> <Snip>

>>> Back in 1996, when I first got on-line, my ISP gave me two 5.25 inch
>>> floppy disks (Remember them?? Silly question ... of course all us "old
>>> fogies" here remember them!!).
>>>
>>> One disk had WinSock type programs, the other had Netscape 0.9 on it.
>>> I think I've still got that disk somewhere hereabouts!!
>>>

>> We used 5.25 inch floppies and punch tape at work for awhile.
>>
>> Still have an unused 3.5 inch floppy drive in my desktop computer.
>>
>And our first Stromberg-Carlson  DCO telecom switch recorded the call
>records on 20" Winchester tape drives

I have a Sun server which has a built in RAID controller.
In order to install Windows Server 2003 I had to have
it install a driver for the RAID controller first.
The only way the driver could be installed was from a
floppy drive.
Fortunately I have a Apple USB external floppy drive.