Web lists-archives.com

Re: 6,000 listed Web Extensions on AMO

On 11/14/2017 06:32 PM, Desiree wrote:
On 11/14/2017 5:42 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
Over 70% of add-on users already have at least one installed

How many lines of code were touched?

Find out more here.
<https://blog.mozilla.org/firefox/the-new-firefox-by-the-numbers/>

The 30% who don't are the ones I stand with.  All great extensions are legacy now and attempts to make web ones with the same name ends with the user being excited until they look at the pathetic nothing that the web version can do and they make the decision I have made - after 20 years of Netscape, Mozilla Suite and Phoenix et al, Fx 52 ESR is the end.  SeaMonkey and Thunderbird will live on for awhile, but, in reality, Google has won.

Some place I saw a statement that the features in web extensions are somewhat watered down as they can do much less than old add-ons did. If this is correct then that's probably a good reason for your opinion.

I did play with 57 for the day yesterday to see how it worked.