Web lists-archives.com

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

Daniel wrote on 13-11-17 13:08:
On 13/11/2017 2:43 AM, Mark12547 wrote:
In article <zb6dnXd-34rjlZXHnZ2dnUU7-YHNnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
On 12/11/2017 5:31 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

<Snip>

I took an RPG programming language course on one, I think.

What?? You were working on Role Playing Games way back then!! ;-P

The RPG would be Report Program Generator. About the same time I was
punching cards of programs written in Fortran and COBOL, three were
business machines from IBM that were primarily running RPG.

Thanks Mark. I figured the "RPG" in Ron's post was probably some sort of computer programming language.

RPG is a programming language and is compiled with an RPG-Compiler.
The resultant code is interpreted as a machine language, when the mainframe in an RPG-mainframe - or interpreted by an rpg-interpreter when the mainframe is not an rpg-mainframe.