Web lists-archives.com

Re: Secure connection in news.mozilla.org ?

On 11/10/2017 7:38 AM, Balaco wrote:
Hello,

can I use secure connection in this Mozilla nntp server news.mozilla.org ?

Right now, I am using it at without any security and in port 119.

For a few days in this machine, I thought that I was missing the server name, and I could not (and also still CANNOT) find a Mozilla page explaining how to connect Mozilla NNTP support server. I tried news.mozilla.org and support.mozilla.org, both with the same behaviour in Thunderbird.

Searched and searched, did not find, and I gave up. After that, I was writing a thread elsewhere to ask which were the correct settings, and then I tested changing the second option for this account in TB:

"Safety settings" -> changed from "SSL/TLS" to "None"

And it worked! I threw away the thread idea.

Does that mean I cannot use secure connections in news.mozilla.org ?

I am using Thunderbird 45.8.0. How do I test the secure connections it supports?

I don't think Mozilla's usenet server ever had a SSL connection. I know the previous server for Netscape did. I am not sure if that is still active.
--
Allah's Apostle said, "Once while a prophet amongst the prophets was taking a rest underneath a tree, an ant bit him. He, therefore, ordered that his luggage be taken away from underneath that tree and then ordered that the dwelling place of the ants should be set on fire. Allah sent him a revelation: 'Wouldn't it have been sufficient to burn a single ant (that bit you)?'" --Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 54, Number 536 Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.