Web lists-archives.com

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

On 11/10/2017 at 4:41 PM, Lucifer Morningstar created this epitome of digital genius:
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:38:04 -0500, WaltS48 <thalionusa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 11/10/17 7:57 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 10/11/2017 7:46 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

<Snip>

I would think that Thunderbird or equivalent would be a much easier way
to read email than gmail on the web (which I loathe and despise) but I
could be wrong -- I started out with Netscape .9 and went on from there,
so it's what I'm used to.

Back in 1996, when I first got on-line, my ISP gave me two 5.25 inch
floppy disks (Remember them?? Silly question ... of course all us "old
fogies" here remember them!!).

One disk had WinSock type programs, the other had Netscape 0.9 on it. I
think I've still got that disk somewhere hereabouts!!

We used 5.25 inch floppies and punch tape at work for awhile.

Still have an unused 3.5 inch floppy drive in my desktop computer.

I had an IBM System 34 mini computer. It had an autoloader 8"
floppy drive that could hold and load 10 floppy disks.

You personally had a System 34?!!! A company I worked for from 1978 to 1986 got one to run the business in 1979. Inventory, payroll, and some marketing tasks.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/