Web lists-archives.com

Secure connection in news.mozilla.org ?

Hello,

can I use secure connection in this Mozilla nntp server news.mozilla.org ?

Right now, I am using it at without any security and in port 119.

For a few days in this machine, I thought that I was missing the server name, and I could not (and also still CANNOT) find a Mozilla page explaining how to connect Mozilla NNTP support server. I tried news.mozilla.org and support.mozilla.org, both with the same behaviour in Thunderbird.

Searched and searched, did not find, and I gave up. After that, I was writing a thread elsewhere to ask which were the correct settings, and then I tested changing the second option for this account in TB:

"Safety settings" -> changed from "SSL/TLS" to "None"

And it worked! I threw away the thread idea.

Does that mean I cannot use secure connections in news.mozilla.org ?

I am using Thunderbird 45.8.0. How do I test the secure connections it supports?