Web lists-archives.com

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

On 2017-11-09 13:11, WaltS48 wrote:
On 11/9/17 1:03 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 11/9/2017 7:40 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 11/8/17 11:11 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/08/2017 02:33 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

<snip>

Anybody know a Modem/Router that works with Comcast/Xfinity Internet and Voice? Let me know so I can save $10 a month on the modem rental fee. I
did do some window shopping, but didn't  find anything at Best Buy or
Target.

We've always used standard Motorola cablemodems with Charter, but the latest one is a Cisco.  Mostly from yardsales.  What does Comcast say is required?

After doing some research last night, it appears I can get the Arris Model No: SVG2482AC Modem/Router for $239.99 plus tax from Best Buy.

AIUI from reading the reviews, it is the one I will be renting. I'll probably buy it next year after I've banked some of that savings.

I do recall seeing a $239.99 price tag on the shelf at Best Buy, but didn't look at the product because of the cost.

I would NOT buy a cable modem.  My cable company supplies a modem compatible with their service, and will replace it free should it fail.  I have never been able keep a cable modem working more than two or three years before it fails, or the service upgrades the service, and replaces it with a different model.  At $240, you might get three or four years out of it, then have to replace it out of your own pocket.  I don't pay extra for the modem any more, so I can't see taking on that obligation.

Thanks for the input.

So you are not paying a $10 monthly rental fee?

I don't recall them telling me it was included with the service once the promotional period was over.

You have to watch the fine print. Promotions change from one version to the next. Just because they offered X last time doesn't mean they'll offer X again.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com