Web lists-archives.com

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

On 11/9/2017 9:43 AM, Caver1 wrote:
On 11/9/17 3:34 AM, PietB wrote:
Caver1 wrote:
My mother-in-law doesn't think she has the internet even though she
is constanly on it for Facebook, Instagram, her email, whatever.
Just can't convince her of that fact.

If she makes the common mistake "internet = www" she's right.

-p

Most people I know don't know the difference and if you try to explain the difference they just get more confused.

My sister in law, and my wife both consider the internet 'the computer'. My wife will wake me up and tell me 'the computer is down', and I have to ask her what she was trying to do, and 'I can't get on email.' Of course the computer isn't down, and a couple of quick tests reveals that the Charter email servers are down, again. Wait an hour or two, and the computer is magically fixed...