Web lists-archives.com

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

On 11/9/2017 7:40 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 11/8/17 11:11 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/08/2017 02:33 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

<snip>

Anybody know a Modem/Router that works with Comcast/Xfinity Internet and
Voice? Let me know so I can save $10 a month on the modem rental fee. I
did do some window shopping, but didn't  find anything at Best Buy or
Target.

We've always used standard Motorola cablemodems with Charter, but the latest one is a Cisco.  Mostly from yardsales.  What does Comcast say is required?

After doing some research last night, it appears I can get the Arris Model No: SVG2482AC Modem/Router for $239.99 plus tax from Best Buy.

AIUI from reading the reviews, it is the one I will be renting. I'll probably buy it next year after I've banked some of that savings.

I do recall seeing a $239.99 price tag on the shelf at Best Buy, but didn't look at the product because of the cost.

I would NOT buy a cable modem. My cable company supplies a modem compatible with their service, and will replace it free should it fail. I have never been able keep a cable modem working more than two or three years before it fails, or the service upgrades the service, and replaces it with a different model. At $240, you might get three or four years out of it, then have to replace it out of your own pocket. I don't pay extra for the modem any more, so I can't see taking on that obligation.