Web lists-archives.com

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

On 11/8/17 4:54 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
I hope she's getting the cheapest plan available -- speed is wasted on her.

She indicated the cost was the same as Comcast, around $172. She has a TV.

My plan for Internet and Voice from Comcast is going to cost me around $68.00 for a year, then rise to $107 after a year. I am getting the only plan available. That's about a $100 dollar savings from my current Verizon DSL account and still a deal after a year.

I should have gone to the service center and picked up the modem. Waiting for it is stressful. Found out after asking them to ship it that public transportation could get me there.

Verizon FiOS was a consideration, but the apartment is already wired for cable. FiOS installation in these old houses converted into apartments isn't pretty, with the cable running out the side of the house, up the outside of the building, back into the apartment, and who knows how they get it to the spot the user wants it. My friends comes out under a closet door in her living room, across a section of the floor to her TV stand. My living room has no walls or closet facing an outside wall. Kitchen, and the two bedrooms do have outside facing walls. My plan was to put the Modem/router and phone on the kitchen table.

Anybody know a Modem/Router that works with Comcast/Xfinity Internet and Voice? Let me know so I can save $10 a month on the modem rental fee. I did do some window shopping, but didn't  find anything at Best Buy or Target.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop