Web lists-archives.com

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

On 11/7/17 9:32 AM, Wolf K wrote:
On 2017-11-07 02:47, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 11/6/2017 12:20 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 11/6/17 11:49 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
Have you refreshed your profile?

  No.  Too much loss when I do that.

The only thing lost is extensions and those can be restored by copying the extensions folder from the profile in the Old Firefox Data folder, then starting Firefox and reinstalling them.

Always worked for me.

What is the speed of your CPU? How much RAM? How much HD capacity?

2.6gz dual processor  4GB Ram, 500GB HD.

Windows 10: 2.2Ghz Quad-core, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD and I'm not thrilled with the performance of any application I have used on it.

Linux Ubuntu 16.04: 3.2 Ghz 3 cores, 8GB RAM, 200GB HD (The 1TB drive died) and I have no problems. The 17 news sites I open in tabs take awhile to open. There are a lot of images and videos to load.

Does your system meet the system requirements?

Yes

Same

What is your Internet connection speed?

65mbps

7.6Mbps, and except for the sites noted above, Firefox is snappy on Ubuntu even when I'm downloading files, streaming music and running Thunderbird. I think Windows uses a lot of bandwidth for checking for updates making things a bit slower.

The new 25Mbps service I signed up for today will be an interesting update. I should do some speed tests and take notes on the differences.

I am sure you will notice the difference, as download really are fast, but remember the old saying about internet speed, we all wait at the same speed, so if the server you contact is slow, or busy, or both, that higher speed is quite ineffective.

... and turn off Updates. You can always check manually.

Will see how it goes with my new ISP.

Even when I check manually it takes at least the amount of time it takes me to walk the 1/2 mile to the bus stop, take the bus to the store, do the grocery shopping, take the bus back and walk home. 😩

Windows sucks, but I was curious and wanted to see the differences in Firefox and Thunderbird compared to them on Linux. My Windows must have a better graphics card. They do look nicer on Windows.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop