Web lists-archives.com

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

On 11/6/17 1:31 PM, Rinaldi wrote:
On 2017-11-06 12:20, WaltS48 wrote:
I think Windows uses a lot of bandwidth for checking for updates making things a bit slower.

I have an old Lenovo laptop with Win 10 running on it.  Application and system updates clog the pipes on just about every (rare) startup.

Rinaldi

I know! Isn't it annoying as heck?

I fire mine up 3 times a week to update my Firefox and Thunderbird installs, and dread patch Tuesdays. I can go grocery shopping and come home before the downloads finish.

That involves walking a half mile to the bus stop, riding for 15-20 minutes, doing the shopping, and reversing the trip home.

I'm hoping the new 25Mbps connection alleviates some of that problem.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop