Web lists-archives.com

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

On 11/5/2017 7:10 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 11/5/17 7:29 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 11/5/2017 4:51 AM, calmar71@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
You guys need to do some SERIOUS work on Firefox.

Its SHIT!!

I've never come across ANY browser as slow as this. I get CONSTANT "not responding" messages. I cant even scroll the length of a webpage without it freezing. Hell, I can even post to Facebook half the time. Its always 3 sentences behind, and forgotten half of whats typed by the time it tries to catch up.

It's using FAR TOO MUCH resources. The load on people's computers MUST be reduced, and quickly.

Until then, sorry guys, but its off all 4 of my computers. I do a lot of web development, and cant afford the time wasted waiting on this browser to actually work as it should. Its utter garbage as it is.

Back to Chrome for me. At least it works when you ask it to.

It is pretty sad how much system resources it takes.  Often it has my old computer maxed out for CPU doing NOTHING, with a page rendering in the background.  Often, like you, I can't even type until I either escape from the page rendering, of 5000 ads, to allow me to type.  It is so slow at some thing that I use IE 11 for one website, because it is a timed puzzle!  I am pretty sure that when they put 57 into play, I will be gone.  Sad >

Does the same occur in safe mode?

Have you refreshed your profile?

 No.  Too much loss when I do that.

What is the speed of your CPU? How much RAM? How much HD capacity?

2.6gz dual processor  4GB Ram, 500GB HD.

Does your system meet the system requirements?

Yes

What is your Internet connection speed?

65mbps

Instead of wasting your money on the next new iPhone, buy an updated computer.

I will NOT buy a computer with Windows 10 on it, and can't afford a Mac. Won't deal with Linux. The clincher is that I don't have those problems with Chrome, or even IE 11. I don't like using them, but will be forced to if Firefox keeps taking things out, growing bigger, and taking more resources to render web pages. Worse, it continues to allow various popups, and won't let me suppress the stupid question about notifications I get from some websites!